MiSTer DE10-Nano JAMMA Expander
The JAMMA Expander is a PCB that turns your DE10-Nano into a self-contained JAMMA PCB. The DE10-nano used for the MiSTer project has no inputs or outputs that can be used directly with a JAMMA cabinet – which is why you need the Expander.
You can access my webshop by picking “Store” then “Products” from the menu.
You can use it as a replacement for a specific PCB, or use it as a multi-game.
- 24 bit (16.7 million colors) RGB DAC
- Sync-Guard – non-jamma sync will be blocked
- 5V / 12V voltage reading on OLED
- HSYNC / VSYNC reading on OLED
- I2S audio DAC with RCA stereo output + JAMMA audio amplifier
- Low-lag, works as either keyboard with MAME layout or 2xGamepad
- 5 or 6 buttons on JAMMA edge
- CPS-2 kick harness input, button 4,5 & 6 for 2 players and volume up/down
- Easy firmware update
Caveat / Disclaimer
The JAMMA Expander is tailored to work with the DE10-Nano and the current release of the MiSTer project (as of 2021-09-07). HOWEVER, the MiSTer project is very much a moving target and the maintainer/architect has stated directly that playing arcade cores in real arcade cabinets is not a priority. Future MiSTer developments may result in MiSTer being useless in an actual arcade cabinet – but hopefully not 🙂
I have tried my best to provide clear instructions on how to get the Expander working with the MiSTer project, but neither this site nor me personally will ever be an authority on the inner workings of the MiSTer project. If you have an issue you believe is rooted in the JAMMA Expander, don’t hesitate to reach out – but I may not be able to be of great assistance with current or future MiSTer quirks that are not related to the JAMMA Expander.
Last Updated on 2022-12-08 by admin