The firmware can be updated using a standard Micro SD card. The card must be formatted with a FAT file system. It is not possible to ‘brick’ or damage the unit during firmware update, if you experience an error – simply try again.
Download zip file below, and extract file to root of sd card.
- Power off system
- Insert SD card into Jamma Expader
- Press and hold both A and B button
- Power on system, MiSTer (not stock DE10 software) needs to run on the DE10 for the Expander to be powered reliably during update.
- Follow instructions on screen
Instead of powering off/on system, you can also disconnect/reconnect the DC jack on the DE10-nano.
Firmware, all revisions
Will be published here when available, and generally announced on Twitter if it’s something major/important.
2023-09-16 – Fixes/improvements in this release
- Missing pull-up values on some SDIO lines causing instability writing config to SD card.
2023-09-14 – Fixes/improvements in this release
- New USB stack and surrounding code reworked from scratch, everyone is encouraged to update
- Libraries and build-tools updated
2022-12-08 – Fixes/improvements in this release
- Minor changes required for Expander PCB rev 2.0
2022-12-04 – Fixes/improvements in this release
- VGA setting for Sync-guard now actually works
- A condition where inputs could get ‘stuck’ in keyboard mode
2022-04-29 – Fixes/improvements in this release
- USB mode saving fixed, it can now boot to gamepad mode
2021-12-22 – Fixes/improvements in this release
- Relaxed voltage tolerances on startup
- More intuitive voltage error screen
- Configurable sync-guard
Last Updated on 2023-10-12 by admin