- Category: News News
- Published: 07 October 2018 07 October 2018
- Created: 07 October 2018 07 October 2018
- Last Updated: 07 October 2018 07 October 2018
I've finally gotten around to tinker with the JVS-PAC 2, a lot of the core stuff has been ported over from work on the Jammafier.
Keyboard output with MAME mapping is a no-brainer and default, I always strive for things to 'just work' for 'most cases'. There will be no XBOX360/One, PS4 support as I assume official licenses are out of reach and I'm not in the possession of the crypto stuff Brooks have - I actually have no idea how they pulled it off.
What I'm aiming for with this one is a single firmware that presents itself to the computer as:
- A Capable keyboard (enough simultaneous button presses for fighting games etc)
- A Mouse (I got a dynamic golf panel and would very much like to play marble madness on it)
- Two Joypads
The idea is to have an .ini file on micro-sd and use the OLED/buttons to toggle/set configuration - i.e. to switch from keyboard to joypad without having to re-flash the firmware.
I've gotten some input on making it 'xinput', which I frankly don't completely understand as x-input is an old windows API, these requests also mention the xbox 360 controller and steam..?
Is the challenge at hand to make the JVS-PAC2 work 'out-of-the-box' with steam titles - drop me a message via the contact section if you have any input (pun intended :) ).